15 September 2014

weekend {-ing}

Once the school year starts, I live for the weekends. I long to be home with no obligations. I long for the warmth and light of the sun, but mostly I long just for the opportunity to slow down. And while I enjoy the company of a friend or two, I long for time with my small family or time with just the Mr. and me.

It's an odd weekend when I get all of those things, considering we don't see the sun for four months in these parts! But this weekend was about as good as it gets.

I had time for things like...

Hunting recipes

Walking in the countryside with just Richard

Making a favorite dish to share with friends while Richard whips up a quick lunch  (There was no gin in either dish; it is leftover from rainy Friday night cocktails.)

Growing lettuce (Ha! But we did finally eat the lettuce, the lettuce that the snails did not eat because it grows high in our window. It was so good, as in...I had no idea lettuce could be this good. For the love of lettuce. )

Enjoying a simple and casual lunch, the kind where the three of us eat from one plate

Drying laundry, quickly in the sun

 Finding a new route for a walk in Nanto

Prepping dough for back-to-school cinnamon rolls


How was your weekend?


1 comment:

  1. I have never made any of his recipes, but I should I would probably would be a very happy person.

    ReplyDelete