26 March 2014

corner view

corner view :: close by

Even though we live out in the country, right in the middle of fruit orchards, olive groves and vineyards, we do not have a yard. It's a bit odd to consider...country living with no yard...but it is our reality.


We do have a couple of postage stamp-sized plots of land just behind our house, plots just the right size for an olive tree in one and for attempts at gardening in the other. And we have a lovely outdoor patio in the front where we spend lots of time in the warm months. But no yard or giardino. Our child plays in the blacktop public parking lot behind our house.



Even so, we never, ever lament the fact that we don't have a yard. Okay...at times, when I dream of having a dog, I do wish we had a yard...and then I don't adopt that dog that we don't have time to take care of anyway (or so I tell myself) because we have no yard for him. And all is well that ends well. Without a yard.


What we do have, though, is access to all that you see pictured here real close by, as in a minute from my lovely patio gate. And for us, this has proven to be a much better deal than a yard, a yard with a fence and a ton of grass to mow.

Now, my daughter, she has a different opinion about this, without a doubt: Grass, Mamma, I just want grass at my house!

Corner View is a weekly appointment shared by people around the globe, an appointment started in the spring of 2009 by Jane in Spain and currently hosted by Francesca over at Fuori Borgo. We welcome you to join us.

7 comments:

  1. Incredible! I love the colors of the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have that lovely scene so close by and to not have to maintain it yourself. It's my dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in a beautiful area. It reminds me of holidays in South Tyrol. The flowering trees are a photographers dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems perfect though. You have all of the natural beauty without the maintenance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not big on grass either - but a space to grow a garden is pretty important for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no yard but close by such a beautiness and you don't need to do anything for it!!

    ReplyDelete